Let me introduce you to one of the best friends my family has: Ricki Joy Smith. She is one of the newest members at Redemption Church and she has beautiful feet (Romans 10:15)
Ok, with that introduction out of the way, let me introduce you to another friend (the one who sticks closer than a brother), he is the Senior Pastor at Redemption Church and His feet have scares. And hear His words before He ascends back into heaven:
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
To gather a people for Himself, made up of people from every tribe and tongue and nation… this has always been God’s plan (Genesis 12:3), and Jesus’ blood bankrolls the plan (Ephesians 1:7), and the Holy Spirit empowers the plan (Acts 1:8). And in this great redemptive plan, God has sovereignly predestined that His children, proclaiming His truth, would be how He brings His chosen ones into relationship with Himself.
Currently we are in a sermon series called Contend and we are hearing God’s call to boldly procalim the gospel in love and we just finished a sermon series in Jonah and we heard God’s call for this bold and loving proclomation of the gospel to happen across the street but also to the very ends of the earth!
Already this year, many from Redemption Church have answered a call to take the gospel to the nations (see Haiti Trip and France Trip). Now Ricki is answering that call too. This won’t be her first time with those beautiful feet on forign soil (you should hear her stories of God’s redemptive work around the globe), but it will be her first mission trip as a member of Redemption Church and we want to stand behind her with emotional support, prayer support, and financial support.
Let me give you a brief overview of the trip and then let you know how you can be involved.
Where: Mae Sot, Thailand
When: September 1, 2013 – December 20, 2013 (4 months)
Who specifically will Ricki be ministering to:
- Burmese refugees.
- Karen tribe of Thailand.
- Thai people at the border.
- Victims of the low-profile, but very prolific human trafficking in this area.
What will ministry look like day to day:
- Visiting villages and tribes inside and outside of the border.
- Helping to further the advancement of several ministries there:
- A restaurant started in the spring that is employing refugees.
- A local school.
- A local church plant.
- And a local halfway house.
- Discipleship class going through the entire bible as a group.
- Studying supply and demand, as we pray over the next sustainable employment project (for refugees) that we will invest in and facilitate while there.
- Mercy and justice for victims of human trafficking.
How can people be involved with Ricki:
- financially supporting Ricki,
- Encouraging Ricki via email or Facebook or instagram
Three ways to pray:
- Pray for the people’s hearts of Thailand/Burma that they may know our Father.
- Pray God reveals an entry way to minister to the victims of human trafficking in the area. It is happening right under their noses at the border but it is more hidden there than other places and they have not quite put their finger on it yet.
- Pray for community and unity within the team for the 4 month time period.