In June of this year (2013), several members of Redemption Church will be traveling to France for a short term mission trip to help with the production of some short films that will impact the Middle East and North Africa with the gospel. If you are wondering about the importance of short term mission trips, there is a great blog post over at The Gospel Coalition, written by Mike Pettengill. The blog is titled Send Me Your Short-Term Missionaries and you can read it by clicking here.
Following is an overview of the trip and some ways you can get involved.
When: The trip will take place the first week of June (2013).
Where: The team will be heading to areas outside of Marseille, France.
Who: There are two answers to who. One, who is going on the trip, and two, who they will be serving with in France.
1. Who is going on the trip: Jenn Hayden, Reta Richert, and Jay Richert will be making the trip, from Redemption Church, along with other volunteers going from California, Canada, UK, and North Africa. Please pray for these folks as they prepare for and participate in this trip. Pray that they will have a deep impact for the glory of God and the fame of Christ, but also pray for them to be deeply impacted as well.
What: While in France, the team of volunteers will be assisting in the production of a series of thirteen video shorts (maximum 8 minutes each). These videos will creatively express the following themes: The Unchangeable Character of God (Numbers 23:19), Eternal Life in Christ (John 5:24), Blessing and Fruitfulness (Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 92:12-13), Daily Provision of Our Needs (Matthew 6:25-34), Answered Prayer (John 14:1-8), Stability in Times of Trouble (Luke 6:46-49), Total Forgiveness (Micah 7:19), Guidance to Life (John 14:1-6), Spiritual Fulfillment (John 4:13-14), Endurance in the Face of Persecution (Jeremiah 1:18-19), Renewal and Strength (Isaiah 40:29-31), and Open Door to Life and Security (John 10:9). Once produced these videos will be broadcast across the Middle East and North Africa. This type of project could have a huge impact for the gospel in areas that have very little, if any, exposure to the good news of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection within the true redemptive narrative of the Bible.
GET INVOLVED: There are two main ways you can be involved in this trip. You can join the team in prayer and/or financially.
- Pray for the folks making the trip. Pray for safety, provision, and life change.
- Pray for each individual that is a part of the team (names listed above) and pray for the folks they will come in contact with during this short-term mission trip.
- Pray for the impact of the videos that will be made, they have the potential to be incredibly far reaching, pray for many lives to be impacted and for many people to be saved.
- Pray, right now, for the planning phase of this trip.
- Pray concerning the need of travel visas to France for the Arab professionals who are key participants on the team.
- Pray for those who are writing the scripts for the films (creativity, effectiveness).
- Pray for the continued scouting of film locations (13 locations needed).
- Above all, pray for God to receive maximum glory and Christ to be made famous through every part of this endeavor.
GIVE: The project budget is $7,100 and also each individual member of the team must raise $2,200-2,400 to make the trip. Please prayerfully consider becoming involved with these folks financially. If you would like to make a general donation to the trip, you can write out a check to Redemption Church and BE SURE to put “France Mission Trip” in the memo line.