(From Greg Lucas, regarding the Joshua Project, a resource to which he referred in his message yesterday titled Healthy Mission Requires a Healthy View of the World):
There are 15,988 distinct, ethno-linguistic people groups in the world.
- 6,572 are unreached, that is, fewer than two percent of them are Christians.
- 2.6 billion people live in those unreached people groups.
- Of the 100 largest unreached people groups, 44 are in India, 8 are in China, and 7 are in Indonesia and Pakistan.
- Of these 100 largest unreached peoples, 43 are Muslim, 36 are Hindu, and 9 are Buddhist.
- 22 of them have populations over 20 million.
…and God has called you to “GO” (Matthew 28:19-20). But where do we go? How do we pray? How do we get involved? Where do we begin?
- What if we had a list of all the unreached ethnic people groups in the world?
- What if we had Statistical profiles of all ethnic people groups, complete with photos, maps and detailed information?
- What if we had Country specific data related to Christian status, persecution rankings, human development index, economic levels and religious makeup?
- What if we had User-defined selection of people group data? Data that could be selected by population, geographic area, religion, status, ministry resource availability including Bible translation status, the Jesus Film, and Gospel audio recordings?
- What if we had a daily rotating Unreached People of the Day feed that could be displayed on websites, blogs, email and smart phones?
- What if we had Downloadable data, PowerPoints and other unreached peoples presentation materials in various languages? A user-friendly software program for viewing, querying and reporting of available Joshua Project data so that we could share this information with others in our churches?
If we had all of these resources available to us, literally at our fingertips, then we would be without excuse in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Welcome to the destruction of all your excuses.
Get involved somehow, now.