Here’s an e-mail from Josh that went out to those signed up to receive official Crew e-mails. If you are not on the list and would like to be, e-mail email@example.com.
“Hope ya’ll are having a great week. Two things this week. I want to continue our monumental effort to get everyone connected and to get you prepping for this Sunday.
COMMUNITY: Small groups are filling up and we’ve gotten an awesome response from ya’ll. Again, it is our desire that there be no solo Christians out there. It’s unbiblical and doesn’t work, so put us down for against loner Christianity…if you can call it that. In a few weeks, the groups are going to close for the fall. Only some of them will open again in January, so you have a few more weeks to let us know you want in. Email: smallgroups@crewcommunityorg for questions or connection.
THIS SUNDAY: This Sunday we’re going to continue the True series by looking at godly living. We want to create an environment for repentance and Christ’s call to be holy. All of our schedules are different for the weekend, but I encourage you to prepare for Sunday starting Sat. night. Here are some things to help you prepare:
- Read Isaiah 64:1-7; Romans 3:10-18; Psalm 139:23-24
- a. Identify any sinfulness that needs repented of and repent.
b. Identify sinful tendencies/temptations you struggle with and ask God for the power to fight.
- Read Eph. 2:1-10; Romans 7:15-25; Gal. 5:16-25
- Stir up your affections to Christ with something substantive and deep. I suggest this week that you read Questions #14-21; 35-39; 82-87 from the Westminster Shorter Catechism: http://www.reformed.org/documents/WSC_frames.html. You can read what the Catechism is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_Shorter_Catechism.
- Pray against everything that is competing for you heart, pray for me, pray for our Sun. service teams, pray that gospel be received, pray that the gospel be lived.
- Get 8 hours sleep. You don’t want to be tired in worship.
- Get up and give yourself enough time to get ready (including kids), pray, eat, and get to worship. You don’t want to be hurried.
- Eat well. You don’t want to be hungry in worship.
- Make your prayer all morning that God would show you Jesus and his beautiful death and his supremacy in all of life, including yours.
- Come make much of Christ with your brothers/sisters at Crew.
See you Sunday.