I’m thinking of joining Facebook and Twitter. Wise or unwise?
This isn’t a democracy. Every comment may say yes do it and I still may not.
I’m notoriously against such mass followings simply because they are mass followings, but I’m thinking for the sake of engaging my world I need to take this step.
Positives I’m seeing are:
- Helpful way to encourage and listen to folks.
- Announce things more effectively
- Keep in touch with folks I otherwise wouldn’t
- Redeem the negative aspects of Facebook by doing Facebook for the glory of Christ.
Negatives I’m seeing are:
- Fostering my value or success on how popular I am or I am not
- Not doing it well or to the glory of Christ
- Sucking me in and wasting my time (big fear)
- Feed my pride
- Substitute this for real friendship with folks
Let your opinions fly. I’d love to hear your take.