Crew is sick! Over the past week I’d say an easy 50% of Crew has been puking and….well you know. The other 50% should get it this week or next. So I thought it might be helpful to worship God in our sickness. I’d say ISPY, but I don’t like that word. But I loved the blog post by P Stan.
Here are 10 ways that I thought more of God after having the disease:
1. Holiness is desired more because I hated, more acutely, the effects of sin in my body.
2. Humility was demonstrated since I prayed on my knees for the first time in a long time.
3. The cross of Christ was appreciated when I compared my pain with His.
4. Marital intimacy deepened when I thanked God yet again for a great wife who took care of me.
5. My role as father was rebuked as I discovered I was not spending enough quality time with my kids.
6. My own mortality surfaced as I reflected on the fact that one of these days I will die…I thought it was last week.
7. My hope in Christ’s return was truly as it should be when I reflected on the fact that one of these days I will be resurrected and never be sick again!
8. God’s sovereignty and grace was evident in the fact that I got sick on Friday night and not on Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday night.
9. God’s omnipotence is more beautiful when I think that he never pukes, never sleeps, and never needs gatorade.
10. God’s goodness is appreciated in the other 364 days of the year that I’m not puking. The question is not why would a good God let this happen to me, but why would a just God not do this to me every day. (See #3)
So, when you’re done going through this, post some of the things you learned about God.